Mustard Seed Hamper Delivery Program in partnership with GeaZone Eco-Couriers.
This is an exciting expansion of services for 10 individuals who meet these criteria and guidelines.
The Mustard Seed is proud to launch our Food Hamper Delivery Program in partnership with GeaZone Eco-Couriers. In order to qualify for this program, one must meet the below criteria & guidelines. Limited Registration will commence Thursday Nov. 1st, 2012 and will cease once the 10 available spots are filled. To register please contact the Mustard Seed at 250.953.1575 and the delivery service and food hamper will be provided once a month.
- Must be 65+ and experiencing serious barriers that impede ability to access the food bank as a regular service user. (For example: recent hospitalization for major surgeries, illnesses and severe mobility barriers regarding transportation of goods such as food hampers)
- Are 19+ and experiencing the affects of a severe mental health issue (i.e. severe bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, severe epilepsy, severe autism), a chronic illness (i.e. severe arthritis or fibromyalgia), or another severe health concern/disability that impedes ability to access the food bank as a regular service user (i.e. high risk pregnancy where the client cannot leave their bed) AND
- Live within the Mustard Seed catchment area (within the boundaries of Victoria and Esquimalt), AND
- Be registered with the Mustard Seed Food Bank and can provide a doctor’s note outlining their medical condition that clearly explains delivery and dietary requirements. Additionally, this note must include contact information for the doctor so that the Mustard Seed can perform a reference check.
- Delivery on Thursdays only
- Clients are only entitled to 1 hamper per month
- Clients are responsible to be present at their home address to receive hamper delivery between 8am-9am
The Mustard Seed will contact registered clients to ensure hamper delivery
For recent hospitalizations (surgery, broken bones/fractures, illness) the Mustard Seed can provide up to three months of delivery service, after which client files will be reviewed by a staff member to determine eligibility. For clients with chronic, debilitating or terminal illnesses, service can be provided indefinitely.
Clients will be asked to provide picture ID every time they receive a delivery. Delivery will be provided by a GeaZone Eco Bike Courier. When placing their order, clients may request extras. (i.e. Boost/Ensure, soap, shampoo, detergent, cleaning products, etc…)
This is an exciting new expansion of our services for 10 individuals who meet these criteria and guidelines.